Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Running Bucket List

Like many of my fellow runners, I have created a bucket list of future races I would like to participate in prior to the end of this life's journey on earth. Some of these races will be completed within the very near future and some are a few destination races I would hope to run someday. I really think it is important to keep goal races on your list for motivation and to have something to always look forward to when you train.

Here is a list of a few race events that I have on my running bucket list and links to their online sites:

Near Future:
Little Rock Half Marathon - Little Rock, Arkansas*
Rock n' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon -  Phila., PA
American Family Fitness Half Marathon  - Richmond, VA**
Bermuda Triangle Challenge  - Hamilton, Bermuda
Rock n' Roll New Orleans Half Marathon - NOLA
Divas Half Marathon in Puerto Rico - San Juan, PR
ING Miami Half Marathon - Miami, FL
Disney's Princess Half Marathon - Walt Disney World in FL
Marine Corp Historic Half - Fredericksburg, VA
North Carolina Half Marathon - Charlotte Motor Speedway in NC


*Black Girls Run! (BGR!) target race event
**National Black Marathoners' Association (NBMA) target race event

Interesting Races Considered:
Martian Half Marathon - Dearborn, MI
Area 13.1 Half Marathon - Roswell, GA
Safari Park Half Marathon - San Diego Zoo in CA






Awesome Destination Races:
Maui Half Marathon - Maui, HI
Wahine Half Marathon - Honolulu, HI
Centaur Subaru Half Marathon - Calgary, Canada
Great Wall Half Marathon - China *a true "someday" race*

WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST?


NOTE: At the present time, my interest is only on the half marathon distance. As I grow in my running ability, I will then consider the full marathon distance for future endeavors

No comments:

Post a Comment